If you suffer from chronic jaw pain, jaw popping, unexplained headaches, and tension in your neck and shoulders, these could all be signs of TMJ disorder (TMD). The good news is, you don’t have to suffer any longer. Dr. Lakisha Arif-Holmes offers TMJ treatment in Wauwatosa with a custom mouthguard that can help you:
- Eliminate jaw pain when opening and closing your mouth
- Stop annoying jaw popping
- Reduce or eliminate your headaches
- Relieve tension in your face, neck, and shoulders
- Eat without discomfort when chewing
Don’t go through life with jaw pain! Call the experts at Mayfair Family Dentistry today at 414-519-6724 to get the help you deserve. Our practice is located on West Bluemound Road, not far from the Milwaukee County Zoo.
Get the Relief You Deserve From TMJ Problems
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are located on either side of your head and connect your jaw to your skull. These complex joints make it possible to do many things you probably don’t think much about – like talking, eating, laughing, yawning, and even singing. If these joints become irritated, you can experience a great deal of pain just trying to do these simple tasks.
Even though researchers don’t fully understand the causes of TMD, we do know how to alleviate the symptoms. When you come in for your initial consultation, Dr. Arif-Holmes will examine your jaw movement, plus we may take some digital X-rays for a close-up look of your jawbone. In many cases, a custom-fit TMJ appliance will eliminate your pain:
- You wear the appliance at night while sleeping, relieving tension on your TMJs so they can begin to heal.
- Your new appliance will also help prevent teeth grinding. Teeth grinding can damage your tooth enamel to the point that restorative dentistry is needed to repair the damage. Stopping grinding early on will protect your enamel, prevent pain, and help you avoid tooth decay.
If you’re ready to do something about your jaw pain, call Mayfair Family Dentistry today at 414-519-6724 for TMJ treatment in Wauwatosa. You can also request an appointment online.