We all want to have the best smile possible. That means taking good care of your teeth with proper brushing and flossing and keeping up with your dental cleanings and exams.
But what if your teeth could still suffer damage, even though you tried your best to take care of them? That’s right, teeth grinding in Wauwatosa can cause problems without you even realizing it. The good news is, Mayfair Family Dentistry can help keep your smile healthy and whole. Our teeth grinding treatment using a custom mouthguard can:
- Protect your pearly whites against damage
- Reduce your risk of developing cavities and other problems
- Help you avoid teeth sensitivity to hot and cold
- Save you money over the long run
Call us today at 414-519-6724 to schedule an exam. We’ll check for signs of grinding. Ask about our in-house membership plan, which will give you a discount on your treatment.
Enjoy a Beautiful, Healthy Smile
Many people grind their teeth (known as bruxism) when they sleep. Usually, they don’t have any idea that this damaging habit is occurring. That’s why a crucial part of your routine checkups is an examination for signs of bruxism. If your teeth are excessively worn, have irregular wear patterns, or are chipped, then you may be grinding your teeth.
If we find evidence of bruxism, we’ll recommend getting a custom-fitted mouthguard to wear while sleeping. It will fit comfortably in your mouth to keep your teeth apart. Here’s how the process works for getting your mouthguard:
- After your exam, we’ll take impressions of your teeth.
- We’ll send the specifications to our lab partner, who will make your new appliance.
- Once we receive your mouthguard in our office, you’ll return for a fitting.
- Dr. Arif-Holmes will ensure that your mouthguard fits properly and protects your teeth.
- You’ll wear the appliance while sleeping to protect your teeth against damage.
We may need to repair any damage to your tooth enamel that has already occurred. This may involve placing crowns on your worn teeth to restore your chewing surface and correct any problems with your bite alignment.
For teeth grinding treatment in Wauwatosa, look no further than Mayfair Family Dentistry. Call us today at 414-519-6724 to schedule an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.